Nationally-Recognized Cincinnati SportsMedicine & Orthopaedic Center Joins Mercy Health;
Award-Winning Physician Team, Including Bengals Head Team Physician, Now Mercy Health Physicians
(CINCINNATI; October 14, 2013) – Mercy Health, which provides quality care with compassion in your neighborhood through its network of care, announces that the physicians, physical therapists, trainers and locations of Cincinnati SportsMedicine & Orthopaedic Center (CSMOC) are now part of Mercy Health. This follows the announcement that Mercy Health formalized its partnership with Wellington Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine and solidifies Mercy Health’s position as a leading provider of orthopaedic services in the Tri-State area.
The expertise of CSMOC’s award-winning team of physicians draws patients from all over the world, as well as Cincinnati’s professional and high school sports teams, including the Cincinnati Bengals, where CSMOC physicians serve as head team physician and team physician. Each CSMOC physician has won national and/or local recognition as a “best doctor.”
All seven CSMOC specialists have joined Mercy Health Physicians, including:
- Michelle Andrews, MD: Dr. Andrews is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in knee and shoulder surgery. She consistently receives recognition for her outstanding patient care and surgical outcomes, including the nationally known Best Doctors of America, America’s Top Orthopedists 2013 and Becker’s “125 Outstanding Knee Surgeons” in America. She serves in leadership roles on multiple committees at The Jewish Hospital – Mercy Health, including the Medical Executive, Strategic Planning and ACO Finance committees. She is the chair of The Jewish Hospital Total Joint Replacement Center of Excellence Task Force. Dr. Andrews is a former Baltimore Orioles team physician and avid Reds baseball fan.
- Matthew Busam, MD: Dr. Matthew Busam is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in arthroscopic surgery and sports medicine. A Cincinnati native, Dr. Busam is fellowship trained and Board Certified in Orthopaedic surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine. He is the medical director at his alma mater, Elder High School, and a team physician for the Cincinnati Bengals and for Cincinnati Christian University. Dr. Busam is an avid runner and serves on the Wellness Team for the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon.
- Marc Galloway, MD: Dr. Galloway specializes in the treatment of sports related injuries in patients at all levels of competition and in minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder. He is the Head Team Physician for the Cincinnati Bengals and is a volunteer team physician for several area high schools. He has over 20 years of experience in the treatment of athletic injuries and was the Director of Musculoskeletal Sports Medicine at Yale University. He is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. His research focuses on improving tendon healing after arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery. He has been included in “Best Doctors in America” list since 1996.
- Samer Hasan, MD, PhD: Dr. Hasan is a nationally recognized surgeon specializing in the treatment of shoulder and elbow problems, including arthroscopic repairs for shoulder instability and rotator cuff tears. A pioneer of the reverse shoulder replacement, Dr. Hasan is one of the region’s most experienced shoulder replacement surgeons, with a practice that draws patients from a multi-state region. Dr. Hasan is a member of “Best Doctors in America” and Cincinnati’s only Active Member of the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons. He lectures and publishes extensively on various shoulder-related topics and recently co-edited a shoulder textbook. Dr. Hasan is in his 13th year as Dixie Heights High School team physician.
- Thomas Lindenfeld, MD: Dr. Lindenfeld is a Board Certified orthopaedic surgeon with 30 years’ experience who specializes in sports medicine. He has extensive experience with knee, shoulder and hip surgery, including ligament reconstruction, meniscal repair, total joint replacement, rotator cuff repair, shoulder stabilization and hip arthroplasty. Dr. Lindenfeld serves as the team physician for Queen City Gymnastics. He has spent over 25 years treating elite gymnasts in the Cincinnati area. Dr. Lindenfeld has presented both locally and nationally, including several “Fit to a T” presentations sponsored by the United States Bone and Joint Initiative, a free public education program on bone health and osteoporosis. Dr. Lindenfeld has been included in the “Best Doctors in America” list.
- Frank Noyes, MD: Dr. Noyes is a nationally recognized and honored knee expert and orthopaedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine. He has authored 250 publications, including textbooks, on knee problems. He is the only surgeon in Cincinnati performing MAKOplasty, a knee resurfacing procedure that relieves pain caused by joint degeneration while sparing healthy bone and ligaments. A former UC Athletics and Cincinnati Bengals team physician, he serves currently as Cincinnati State College’s team physician and has been Milford High School’s team physician for 30 years. The only orthopaedic surgeon in the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine Hall of Fame, Dr. Noyes is also the only orthopaedist named a “Best Doctor” for 20+ consecutive years.
- Mark G. Siegel, MD: Dr. Siegel is a knee expert and orthopaedic surgeon specializing in reconstructive surgery of the knee. He is an expert in both primary and revision knee replacement. He also has expertise in partial knee replacements involving the patella. He is the only Cincinnati physician providing and performing custom CT scan-designed joint replacement for severe patella femoral arthritis. He has 30 years of experience in the community providing expert care in both ligament reconstruction for sports injury and arthroscopic treatment for cartilage and joint damage. Dr. Siegel serves as the Medical Director of the Department of Orthopaedics at The Jewish Hospital – Mercy Health.
All physicians will continue to see patients and perform surgery in their present office locations and surgery centers, which will become Mercy Health locations, further expanding patient access to quality rehabilitative and training services located conveniently in the Tri-State area. Mercy Health will employ the 26 therapists, athletic trainers and physical therapist assistants at these locations:
- Montgomery – 10663 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, ZIP 45242
- Tri-County – 12115 Sheraton Lane, Cincinnati, ZIP 45246
- Mason – 7423 Mason-Montgomery Road, Mason, ZIP 45040
- Western Hills – 6350 Glenway Ave., Cincinnati, ZIP 45211
- Crestview Hills – 328 Thomas More Parkway Crestview Hills, Kentucky 41017
CSMOC enjoys national recognition for both its sports medicine expertise and its Research and Education Foundation. The foundation provides research and teaching programs that ensure delivery of the highest quality orthopaedic and sports medicine care to the community, the nation and the world. The foundation hosts the annual Advances on the Knee and Shoulder Conference, one of the largest, national annual meetings of its kind that brings together orthopaedists, physical therapists, athletic trainers and others to learn about the latest clinical, surgical and rehabilitation recommendations for knee and shoulder problems.
“I am very pleased to announce that Cincinnati SportsMedicine & Orthopaedic Center is now part of Mercy Health. Mercy Health remains committed to providing Cincinnati’s premier orthopaedic program and we’ve invested in growing our team of dedicated orthopaedic surgeons, sports medicine specialists, physical therapists and athletic trainers all to help Cincinnati be well,” said Yousuf Ahmad, Market President and CEO of Mercy Health.
“Mercy Health and Cincinnati SportsMedicine & Orthopaedic Center are a good fit. We’re only going to build upon our long and productive history of working together, particularly at The Jewish Hospital – Mercy Health, where we’ve stood side-by-side for years, to deliver high quality patient care throughout the region,” said Dan Roth, MD, President of Mercy Health Physicians and Mercy Health’s Chief Medical Officer.
“Mercy Health and Cincinnati SportsMedicine & Orthopaedic Center share a similar ethos. We’re both very active in our communities, giving back to our high schools, local sports organizations, professional sports teams and more to help the people we serve. Together, we can leverage our strengths to do even more for the benefit of the Tri-State area,” said Dr. Frank Noyes, orthopaedic surgeon and CEO of Cincinnati SportsMedicine & Orthopaedic Center.
To find out more about Mercy Health’s orthopaedic and sports medicine services, please visit e-mercy.com/orthopaedics.aspx. To learn more about Cincinnati SportsMedicine & Orthopaedic Center, visit cincinnatisportsmed.com/.
Mercy Health makes quality healthcare easy to help you be well in mind, body and spirit. Mercy Health is a premier healthcare provider that has been serving Greater Cincinnati for more than 160 years. Mercy Health provides an integrated network of leading physicians, compassionate caregivers, comprehensive services and exceptional care at more than 100 locations across the region. The Mercy Health network of care includes six award-winning hospitals, senior living communities, primary care and specialty physician practices, outpatient centers, social service agencies, fitness centers and a variety of outreach programs. Truven Health Analytics has named Mercy Health hospitals as the only Greater Cincinnati hospitals to earn national top 100 ratings, placing them among the best hospitals in the nation. Truven has also named Mercy Health as one of the nation’s Top 15 health systems. To learn more visit, e-mercy.com and engage in the conversation via Mercy Health’s social media channels (@mercy_health on Twitter and Mercy Health on Facebook).Share